Thursday, August 25, 2011

brainwashing techniques and feminism or 'mens studies'

I made this post at reddit about a year ago.  I still think it holds.  It draws a parallel between the brainwashing techniques used in cults and those used by abusive feminists: 

It began with a Discovery Health article regarding wartime indoctrination of POWs in the 1950s. Curious mormon drew parallels between those techniques and Mormon indoctrination.  I'm not aggressively pro- or anti-mormon, I simply read that area from time to time.  (and religion, in general, is a side topic that I won't explore much on this blog.)

What I did see were the parallels between brainwashing and feminism:

First, in cults:
  • Assault on identity: You are not who you think you are.
  • Guilt: You are bad.
  • Self-betrayal: Agree with me that you are bad.
  • Breaking point: Who am I, where am I and what am I supposed to do?
  • Leniency: I can help you.
  • Compulsion to confession: You can help yourself.
  • Channeling of guilt: This is why you're in pain.
  • Releasing of guilt: It's not me; it's my beliefs.
  • Progress and harmony: If you want, you can choose good.
  • Final confession and rebirth: I choose good.
and what we see in some 'mens studies' programs:
  • Assault on identity: You are not as fully human as a women (or not as valuable to society)
  • Guilt: You are bad. Violence is bad. sexual thoughts are bad. Testosterone is bad. patriarchy is bad.
  • Self-betrayal: Agree with feminism that you are bad.
  • Breaking point: Who am I, where am I and what am I supposed to do? How can I stop oppressing people and benefitting from Patriarchy?
  • Leniency: Feminism can help you.
  • Compulsion to confession: You can help yourself. Confess your evil male compulsions.
  • Channeling of guilt: This is why you're in pain: you still think like a Patriarch.
  • Releasing of guilt: It's not me; it's Patriarchy.
  • Progress and harmony: If you want, you can reject Patriarchy.
  • Final confession and rebirth: I choose to reject Patriarchy.

1 comment: